Sunday, May 26, 2013

The bad things

It's been 2 and 1/2 months with the little honda and I'm really happy with my choice, I actually look forward to the commute now. There are however some negatives:


  1. The grips are pretty hard, softer ones would be awesome but I suspect these will outlast the bike!
  2. The plastics are terrible quality. Maybe I've been spoiled by KTM's with acerbis plastics, but these ones are terrible. They have brown hard to remove scuff marks on the white plastics. Never had this issue on any of my other bikes, but I suppose plastics are replaceable.
  3. The shifter isn't foldable and was terrible in it's stock position if you're using riding boots. It sits a bit higher than I'd like now but at least it works with my boots. For a bike marketed as a dual sport not using a foldable shifter is really dodgy!


That's pretty much my list of negatives at the moment. Other thoughts I have:

I'm still completely stock, the exhaust is pretty quiet which I like, I wouldn't want it any louder than it currently is. It accelerates up to 90km/h very easily at which point the acceleration drops off significantly, not really an issue in the city. I have opened it up to over 130km/h but I'd say 90-100km/h are happy cruising speeds. I love the speedo, it's easy to see in the day and at night. The fuel guage starts flashing pretty early so you have plenty of time to fuel up. The suspension is on the soft side for faster offroad road but it works well on the road, speedbumps aren't something I slow down for anymore. The fuel injection is great, not having to deal with chokes and changing jetting with the season change has been really nice. Oh, and the front brake is considerably better than it was initially. I was considering replacing the brake fluid with some 5.1 but I haven't felt the need yet, it's really adequate at the moment. It's actually a pretty heavy bike on paper but you don't feel it at all on the road, it feels pretty light and maneuvering through traffic is simple. The power is great, you can drop traffic quite easily but I've gotten used to it now. The low down power lets you idle along in a high gear with the general flow of traffic quite easily.

I'll try and get some pics up here, these streams of text are getting a bit much!


No comments:

Post a Comment