Thursday, February 12, 2015

Rainy and load shedding season

It's rain season here so I've had to do a few rain rides on my daily commute which means very gentle throttle use. The little Honda keeps on ticking over without any issues. I've sold my car so it is at the moment my only transport and it's coping just fine as always.

It's also the season of load shedding. Our government provider, Eskom, seems unable to plan for the future and the economy/country as a whole is plunged into darkness on a regular basis, despite serious increases in electricity tariffs and bosses being paid massive bonuses. This means traffic is often a nightmare, luckily being on a bike I've managed to avoid any serious delays and my +- 20 minute has remained constant whereas there's been a good few days where I would have been stuck in my car for over an hour.

Hopefully I'll have a wash day shortly with some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment