Saturday, August 9, 2014

Broken

I walked out to the little Honda CRF250L ready for the commute to work only to find my rear left indicator hanging from my bike.



On closer inspection it looks like the housing broke somehow, I may have knocked it getting on the bike but it's clearly not a strong point on the bike.


I'm not sure how this happened but I've temporarily fastened it with a cable tie.

I took a drive to Honda Sandton this morning, to see what a new one would cost. I need to purchase the entire unit, just the housing isn't available, but it's over R900 which seems like a lot of cash for something with clearly isn't designed to last.

I'm going to be investigating some LED indicators with the hopes of being able to ship them here cheaply will report back with my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment