Monday, August 4, 2014

Low fuel

The little Honda CRF250L has been ticking along nicely. I've had a little jerking at low fuel levels before but I seem to have got the fuel level rather low on my commute the other day. On a perfectly straight road pulling away from a stop was enough to swish the fuel backwards in the tank and cause a massive hole in the power delivery as no fuel was available. It was far more pronounced than the last time I experienced this. I was very nervous stopping on a slope and rode with very smooth movements to the nearest station where I filled up. It took 7.4L of fuel so there should have been another 300ml remaining, so it was low but the fuel starvation and resultant power loss is very concerning. I generally do try to fill up as soon as possible when the fuel guage starts flashing, I obviously left that very late in this instance and it's definitely something I'll try to avoid in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment